This second Connected Things Forum takes place in the heart of Cape Town to reach out to new and interesting providers of IOT technology in Cape Town and Stellenbosch.
This Forum will be more technical, more focused on some of the hard practical issues we come across every day.
PLEASE ONLY REGISTER FOR ONE PERSON — EACH PERSON DOES THEIR OWN REGISTRATION TO ALLOW US TO DO PLANNING
- Welcome by MC
- Welcome by IOTIC Chair – what is the Council, and why is it making a difference
- Welcome by Ian Merrington, CEO of the Cape Innovation & Technology Initiative and hosts for the Connected Things Forum event
- What’s CITI about, and how can Cape tech companies find more support to grow their businesses
- Connecting IOT devices for Fun and Profit – Hein Koen, CEO of Flickswitch, looks at how to make sure you make money out of IOT connectivity
- Billing and Rating, Mediation, CDRs, fees, subscriptions, renewals – unpacking what goes on behind the scenes that could make the difference between a profitable solution and just trying to break even
- Putting a rocket engine under your business — Zandile Fuyane, Senior Industry Development Manager from the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) looks at corporate finance and funding for growth
- When does it make sense to get growth funding to accelerate a tech business to national or global reach; what do investors look for, and how do you show it to them
- The Not-So $1 IOT Product – Johann van Niekerk, MD of Nerospec IOT, looks at the real costs of building an IOT device
- The initial Bill of Materials is a couple of bucks – we look at the many costs that device developers don’t factor in until too late: enclosures, certifications, resilience and field serviceability features that make the difference between working during the demo, and working for ten years.
- Structured networking time
- Closing by senior person from Western Cape Government (TBC)